Writing your own vows for your wedding vow renewal can be as challenging as it was when you got married. There’s so much you want to say, yet you want it to sound perfect. Conveying all of the emotions you bring to this ceremony and love you feel for your spouse can be done with a little inspiration. To help you write your own vows for your vow renewal, we’ve put together some phrases to start with, deliver the power, and then wrap things up.
- (name), X years ago I chose you as my best friend for life.
- (name), X years ago I chose you as the center of my world.
- (name), X years ago I chose you to embark upon this great journey of marriage with me.
- (name), X years ago I chose you as my traveling partner in the journey of our lives.
- (name), X years ago I chose you as my soul mate and companion.
- (name), X years ago I chose you to stand beside me and face the waves of life together.
- (name), X years ago I chose you to be my wife/husband, my partner, my friend, my confidant, my soul mate.
- (name), X years ago I chose you, not because I needed you, but because I wanted and loved you.
- (name), X years ago I chose you as my everything.
- (name), X years ago I chose you as the love of my life.
Vow Middles and Transitions
- Together, our love has grown into a bond too strong to break.
- Over the years, my world has grown exponentially as our family has grown, jobs have turned into careers, and we’ve built a life together. But through it all, you are still the center of my world.
- Over the years, we been on quite the adventurous journey. A journey I can’t imagine having faced without you.
- Over the years, our marriage and love for one another has been the source of power for all that we have achieved.
- Over the years, not matter how big the challenge, I knew we would triumph because we are an unbeatable team – bound by love and fueled by passion.
- Standing here today, I still can’t believe how lucky I am to have found my perfect match.
- Over the years, our love has been as dependable and soothing as the tide; as never-ending waves have poured over our lives flowing endlessly from the depths of our hearts.
- Together, we have built a home, a family, and a life filled with love and support.
Vow Pledges and Conclusions
- No matter what each new day brings, I will always be by your side. I promise to you today as yesterday, my endless love and support.
- Take my hand again and let us walk together through life in God’s loving embrace.
- Today, as yesterday, I choose you, not because I need you, but because I want you and love you.
- As we look forward to the next 20 years, there are six things I want you to know. In sickness, I will nurse you back to health. In health, I will encourage you on your journey. In sadness, I will help you to remember the good. In happiness, I will be there make to memories with you. In poverty, I will do all that I can to make our love rich. And in wealth, I will never let our love grow poor.
- No matter where the journey of our lives takes us, I will always be there encouraging you to reach new heights and ready to help when you need. There is nothing that we can’t achieve together with the power of our love.
- As your biggest fan, I will always be here for you. When you need someone to encourage you, I want it to be me. When you need a helping hand, I want it to be mine. When you long for someone to smile at, turn to me. When you have something to share, share it with me.
- Come take my hand and let’s start this new journey as we did the last – with a kiss.
- Today, as yesterday, I pledge my all to you.
- Though life may not always be as perfect as it is at this moment, I vow to always keep my love as pure as it is today. I promise to be there for you in your laughter and your tears, in your sickness and your health, in your comfort and your fears, in your poverty and your wealth. I know that our love is heaven sent, and I promise to be there for you for all your life, come what may.
- Through the good and bad, I want you always to know that I will be by your side.
- We have already been through a lot together, and I believe that God has been preparing us for this moment and our future together. I promise to keep the good memories alive and to let the bad ones die. I vow not to let the sun go down on our anger, and to treat each morning as a new day to love you, the gift I have been given. I will not forsake you or these vows that we have made, but rather strive to show you my love for the rest of our lives. This is my promise to you.
- Blessed with you, (name), I give thanks to God for our togetherness through all these years which has enriched our lives beyond measure and promise again with all my heart to love you and to cherish you all the days of our lives.
If writing your own vows isn’t working out quite like you’d hope, be sure to check out our vows for vow renewals ebooks: