Candles are a popular, easy, and fairly inexpensive, yet elegant favor. There are nearly endless ideas for ways to make them unique and special for your event. For a personal touch, choose candles or holders in your theme colors. Here are a few to get you started:
- Tea candles and be glued to a small mirror and placed inside a bit of tulle tied with ribbon. Add a card that says “Love Lights the Way” or something similar. This is a nice combination for red or pink tea candles. Both the tea candles and mirrors are available in bulk making them an inexpensive option.
- Check with the local dollar store or at an online one for tea candles and holders in bulk. They typically come pre-assembled and in gift boxes. Simply add a custom label or little card!
- Place a votive candle in a glass votive holder. Tie with a coordinating ribbon. Glue an artificial flower over the knot of the bow. Attach a personal note.
- Place a votive candle in a glass votive holder. Print a custom design or wording on clear address labels. Put the label on the glass holder for a custom look. Place in an organza bag or piece of tulle. Tie with a personal note.
- Wrap a plain votive candle with tulle and tie with a coordinating ribbon. Attach a personal note.
Chime, Taper, and Other Candles
- Place pairs of candles or single large candles in organza bags and tie with coordinating ribbon and add a personal note.
- For a fall vow renewal, beeswax tapers wrapped in coordinating tissue paper and tied in the middle with ribbon are lovely. Don’t forget to add a personal note!