Fall in love all over again with a fall vow renewal theme. It’s really a great time for anyone wanting to take advantage of typically lovely weather and a rich, warm color palette. The rich colors and wonderful textures give you countless options for decorations and food. Plus, it’s a wonderful time of year as well to have some new photos taken in the natural splendor of the changing colors of the leaves.
Planning a semi casual or casual vow renewal? Decorate your venue with colorful leaves, potted mums, pumpkins, gourds, hay bales, and cornstalks for an easy, yet festive look. Perhaps something more formal is more your style? Use the rich colors from the fall color palette like burgundy or dark purple paired with gold to create a truly elegant look.
A fall theme can also make menu planning easy for your reception if you take advantage of some of the traditional fall flavors and foods. Your local farmers market will likely be abundant with produce, like squash, apples, pears, sweet potatoes and cauliflower that can be paired nicely with roasted pork for a delicious and family-friendly menu. Not a fan of cake? Surprise guests with seasonal apple and pumpkin pies!
Here are some photos to inspire you as you think about what colors you would like to use from the natural fall color palette:
Wondering what all these color mean? Here’s some insight into the meaning behind the colors in the fall palette:
- Red: Red is intense, powerful, passionate, and sexy. Impulsive and outgoing. Zealous and ambitious. A romantic choice symbolizing both love and rage. Red lovers tend to be restless and optimistic and go along with people with uncomplicated natures. Perfect for a fiery, dynamic hostess with ‘look at me’ flair. The brighter the red, the more it conveys intensity, excitement, energy, and power. In China, it means good luck. In India is means purity. In Eastern cultures, it signifies joy when combined with white.
- Burgundy: The color of vigor, elegance, richness, refinement, leadership, maturity, and luxury. An excellent option for a mature couple planning an elegant event.
- Orange: The perfect color for creating a vibrant, bright, and happy backdrop or one that is exotic, spicy, and rich. An excellent option for popular couples who are spontaneous, bold, fearless, and daring. The color conveys ambition, fun, energy, balance, flamboyance, warmth, enthusiasm, and generosity.
- Terracotta: A rich, wholesome, earthy color. Welcoming, warm, and stable. It is well suited for conveying country, fall, and harvest themes.
- Yellow: The color of a sunny day, yellow denotes happiness, hope, optimism, and idealism. Yellow represents enlightenment, spirituality, and imagination. Use it to convey bright, cheery feelings, warmth, and vitality. An excellent option for couples with a great sense of humor, cheerful spirits, and optimistic values that are intellectual, creative and idealistic. In Asia, yellow is a sacred and imperial color.
- Bright Yellow: Cheerful, optimistic, and joyful. Conveying happiness, idealism, summer, hope, imagination, and sunshine.
- Green: Green is the color of life, freshness, nature, ecology, success, good luck, and fertility. An excellent option for eco-friendly couples and to convey that you value your health, the environment, and loyalty.
- Olive Green: The traditional color of peace and adventure. A more refined shade of green perfect for more formal events in the evening.
- Purple: The color of spirituality, royalty, wealth, luxury, mystery, wisdom, transformation, independence, enlightenment, respect. Passionate and provocative. A popular choice for the unconventional, talented, creative couples or those in authoritative positions.
- Brown: An earthy, natural, neutral color. Think stability, masculinity, reliability, comfort, and simplicity. It represents wholesomeness, dependability, practicality, conservatism, and stability. It’s symbolic of comfort, contentment, and honesty. From rich and dark to soft and creamy shades, it can be intense or pale, dramatic or modest. A wonderful option for your vow renewal, since it is substantial, steady, and responsible.
Need a little more inspiration? Check out our Fall Vow Renewal inspiration board on Pinterest.
Follow I Do Still! Vow Renewals’s board Fall Vow Renewal on Pinterest.