Enlist your kids to help create the perfect vow renewal proposal
Renewing your wedding vows can be a wonderful family affair. Why not start it off by involving your children when you propose again? Chances are they will be thrilled to help you surprise your spouse with this romantic gesture. Depending on their age, you might need to keep it a secret until you’re almost ready to pop the question! Check out these seven excellent ways to involve your children of all ages when you propose again.
Bright Ideas for Involving Your Children in Your Vow Renewal Proposal
- Have a busy life with kids? Spell out your vow renewal proposal with refrigerator magnets. Have your littlest one read it out loud as you all get ready in the morning.
- Write “Marry me again?” on the underside of your kids’ kites, head to the park for a fun family afternoon, and let them take flight.
- Have your teenage or adult kids set up a picnic for the two of you – complete with wine and cheese, of course – at a romantic spot. Take your spouse for a hike on a route where you’ll come across this surprise vow renewal proposal picnic.
- While waiting for dinner to arrive at a restaurant, play hangman with the kids and have the phrase be “Marry me again.”
- Go to the beach and casually build a sand castle (at a safe distance from the ocean!) with your kids, and place a flag that says “Marry me again?” on the highest turret. Then invite her/him to admire your handiwork.
- Make your own message in a bottle. Write a love poem and your vow renewal proposal on a piece of parchment paper and roll it into an antique bottle with a cork. Take it along to the beach with you. Bury it near your towels. Let the kids “find” the bottle as you dig together and take it excitedly over to your spouse.
- Make a list of 10 reasons you’d marry your beloved all over again. Have your children read the first 9 to your spouse, saving the last card to read yourself. Flow up by getting down on one knee and proposing again.
Have more ideas for involving children in vow renewal proposals? Share your creative ideas for involving children to propose again with us in the comments! We’d also love to hear all the details about your real vow renewal proposal.