Renewing your vows on your mind? Propose again! Perhaps your first proposal wasn’t as perfect as you hoped or maybe you want to surprise your spouse with a really romantic gesture for your anniversary, in honor of the day you met, or even Valentine’s Day. Kick off your vow renewal plans just like you did your wedding plans, with one of these romantic ways to propose again. Give her or him a new story to tell friends by bringing your own touch to one of these ideas to make sure it’s perfect. (Tip: A new ring isn’t necessary for this proposal, but it does work well with a new piece of jewelry like a necklace, bracelet, or earrings if you like.)
Most Romantic Vow Renewal Proposal Ideas
- Meet for a drink at a posh hotel bar after work. When it’s time to go, casually mention that you’ve already reserved a room for the night. When you open the hotel room door, have roses, candles and champagne all set up – everything for a perfect surprise vow renewal proposal.
- Make a list of 10 reasons you’d marry your beloved all over again. Read them to her/him in front of a crowd or send them written on individual note cards over the course of a day or several, with the last card arriving by personal messenger – you!
- Make her feel like a movie star and set your vow renewal proposal to the scene of her favorite romantic movie.
- Tell your Valentine not to make any plans for February 14th, then make all the arrangements to recreate your first date (or another very special date – perhaps the one when you told each other “I love you” for the first time or you proposed.) Make reservations for the same restaurant, get the song that was playing on the radio for the car, or make a picnic of the foods and wines you had that day. Don’t forget to wear a similar outfit! In your own words, say that you’ve recreated the moment because it was the moment you met the love of your life, then get down on one knee and propose again.
- Make a photo album or scrapbook of your marriage, with pictures of the two of you during important moments, and on the second to last page write “what will the future bring?” and on the last page write “Marry me again?” Later, over a bottle of wine, flip through the book together. As you both laugh and reminiscence, your spouse will find your vow renewal proposal.
- If you’re a musician, write a song that explains why you want to spend the rest of your life together, then perform the song for her during a special moment.
Have more romantic vow renewal proposal ideas? Share yours with us in the comments! We’d also love to hear all the details about your real vow renewal proposal.