Are you looking to treat your guests to something unexpected? First, remember that good favors fall into one of two categories — edible or actually usable. While seed packets and votive candles are popular selections, here are some fresh ideas for summer vow renewal favors that are sure to delight guests.
- Lemonade Mix – Summer always makes me think of lemonade. Plus, it’s loved by most people! Coordinate it with your yellow or pink color scheme for an added personal touch. For a quick and easy DIY favor, pick up dry lemonade mix in bulk at your local Sam’s Club or Costco and package it in cellophane bags or little glass jars. Attach the mixing instructions with a coordinating ribbon.
- Citronella Candles – How about trading the classic votive candle for a more useful and seasonal citronella candle? Simply tie it with a coordinating ribbon and attach your personalized gift tag.
- Grilling Gear – If you’re looking for something a little grander, grilling gear is a great option. Matching turner and tong sets with your initials branded into the wooden handles are both practical and sentimental. You can order boxed sets from online shops or pick up inexpensive ones at the local dollar store and tie the tools together with a coordinating ribbon.
- Beach Bags – These are a great option if you want to have a green theme to your vow renewal. Environmentally friendly bags are widely available and guests can reuse them over and over again on trips to the beach or grocery store. It’s easy to find bags that are perfect for your style or theme. Check out online stores like OrientalTrading.com, IKEA.com and Envirosax.com for a variety of styles, colors, and prints.
- Sunscreen – Planning a beach vow renewal? Mini bottles of sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30 will keep guests from getting too much sun while sharing in your day. Make them personal by creating custom labels or attaching a personalized gift tag.