Q. How can we save money on our vow renewal cake?
A. If the idea of cake prices starting at $500 and going up quickly from there make your skin crawl, keep your focus on simplicity and taste. There are lots of easy ways to save money on your vow renewal cake without sacrificing having a delicious and memorable ending to your celebration. Here are our best tips on how to save money on your vow renewal cake:
- Stick with the traditional round shape
- Have a small “display” cake and use additional sheet cakes to serve the majority of your guests.
- Forgo the pricey rolled fondant and have your cakes decorated with buttercream.
- Use silk or organic fresh flowers or ribbon wrapped around the bottom of each layer at the decorations.
- Skip the big tiered cake in favor of a number of identically decorated layers all placed at varying heights on the table.
- Follow the cupcake trend and bake a bunch of cupcakes to serve to your guests.
- Bake your own!